Thursday 6 October 2011

Needs no introduction... except maybe to non-Canadians

One time a friend, and huge Rush fan, was working at a movie theater when Geddy Lee came in. She didn't notice him from the concession stand until she looked up from ringing in his popcorn and coke at which point she lost control, blurting out "HOLY CRAP YOU'RE GEDDY LEE!" Geddy appeared a little more than slightly put off and snarkily replied "Can I have my popcorn now!?!" Needless to say she was crushed to learn her Canadian idol was just a stuck-up jerk. But lo and behold a mere two weeks later Geddy Lee happened to visit the very same theater while my friend was again working concession, she was nervous from their last interaction as he directly approached her. Timidly he said "Hey, I remember you from last time and I wanted to say I'm sorry, I was having a really bad day" then posed for a photo and signed his receipt.

30 years later this album still sounds like a nice nerdy Canadian rock star on good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment